Monday, December 7, 2015

Book Review: THE STRANGE WAYS OF PROVIDENCE IN MY LIFE by Krystyna Carmi

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review

Krystyna Carmi was born in Poland into a loving, happy,  Jewish family.  Many lives were lost and even more lives were changed forever during World War II.  Krystyna's story is one of courage, resilience, and never forgetting the people and places that shape our lives.  In addition to the moving narrative,  the book contains over 100 family pictures.


THE STRANGE WAYS OF PROVIDENCE IN MY LIFE is a must read if you're interested in memoirs,  World War II, and/or holocaust survivor stories.  On top of the rich, immersive experience of reading Carmi's memoir, the pictures she includes really bring her world to life.  Even after I finished reading,  I paged through the book to view the pictures again.  They tell a story all by themselves.   It's a story I'm happy she shared.  I'm even more happy that I got the chance to experience it by reading this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment