Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What Are You Reading?

Amazon and Barnes and Noble are hitting me where it hurts this holiday season -- with tons of sales on ebooks!   In the last two days,  I've spent more than I usually spend in 6 months to a year on ebooks.    Some of my purchases include:



The Luxe Collection is one of my favorite book series.  I own them all in hardback but it's definitely worth having a set in ebook as well!   It's technically classified as YA but is like a historical soap opera set in 1899 New York.  There's forbidden love, jealousy,  back stabbing BFFs, social climbing maids, and a socialite faking her own death. The covers are absolutely gorgeous as well.   The Luxe series cemented Anna Godbersen's place in my insta-buy category.  It's currently on sale for $9.99.



The Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead is one I decided to take a chance on.  I enjoy Mead's  Vampire Academy series.  It's fun and fresh with great narrative voice.  Dark Swan seems to be an adult version instead of YA urban fantasy.   The series has been on my radar for awhile since I like Mead as an author.  The $8.99 price tag was too good to pass up.



Sweet Valley High books 1-12.   If you grew up in the 80s or 90s,  chances are you have fond memories of  Sweet Valley High.  I remember cutting my teeth on Sweet Valley Twins before moving up to Sweet Valley High.  Those Wakefield twins lived a crazy, soap opera drama-rama life, but it was so addicting.  I'm anxious to see if the books hold up to the test of time or if they will come across as not as cool as I remember them being.  Currently, the first 12 books are on sale for $7.99



My Lady Viper.  This was a definitely impulse buy for me.  It showed up on my daily BookBub newsletter,  I saw it was about one of my absolute favorite time periods for historical fiction -- Tudor England -- and clicked the link.  The $2 definitely helped as well.  The sample hooked me instantly...So much so that I also bought the 2nd book in the series Prisoner Of The Queen which is also currently on sale for $2.

I posted the Amazon links but Barnes & Noble started the sale and Amazon price matched.  I'm going to be busy reading for a long, long time!   *cue happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment